Serving our Community
Founded in 1983, BVA began serving our community in June 1986. We rented our original base at 560 French Road from WXXI and purchased our first Ambulance 3059. We relied on our dedicated volunteers, many of whom came from area ambulance agencies (Henrietta, Pittsford, Penfield) or would take time off from their full-time jobs to handle walk-ins at our base and keep our ambulance on the road taking emergency calls.
In 1987 we purchased a second ambulance (3069) to handle our increased call volume. In May we purchased our current base, the Buckland/Horst House at 1551 Winton Road South (corner of Westfall Road), proudly repurposing a local historic landmark and providing better access to major roads and expressways.